Molcas Forum

Support and discussions for Molcas and OpenMolcas users and developers

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Molcas forum.

Please note: The forum's URL has changed. The new URL is: https://molcasforum.univie.ac.at. Please update your bookmarks!

You can choose an avatar and change the default style by going to "Profile" → "Personality" or "Display".

#1 2024-02-06 20:44:14

Lukhmanul Hakeem k

How to install TINKER with OpenMolcas

Dear Sir,
I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding the installation of TINKER (version 6.3.3) within the OpenMolcas environment. I have successfully downloaded the TINKER directory into my OpenMolcas folder using the "get_tinker" command located in the OpenMolcas/Tools/patch2tinker/.
However, I am unsure about the subsequent steps required to complete the installation process. Despite consulting the TINKER manual, I have encountered difficulties understanding the process. Could you kindly provide guidance on the necessary commands or steps to ensure a successful installation?

Looking forward to your guidance.

Best regards,
LUKHMANUL HAKEEM K.

#2 2024-02-07 08:52:52

Ignacio
Administrator

Re: How to install TINKER with OpenMolcas

That should have created a "tinker" (or "tiinker_6.3.3" or whatever) directory. Just define the environment variable TINKER=/path/to/tinker/bin (i.e. the directory that contains tkr2qm_s) when running OpenMolcas.

#3 2024-02-07 18:44:01

Lukhmanul Hakeem k

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your help and your quick response.

#4 2024-02-22 03:56:46

wsr1999

Ignacio wrote:

That should have created a "tinker" (or "tiinker_6.3.3" or whatever) directory. Just define the environment variable TINKER=/path/to/tinker/bin (i.e. the directory that contains tkr2qm_s) when running OpenMolcas.

I notice that in version 24.02 molcas can be compiled with IntelLLVM complier ifx, but when I use ifx compling tinker, the calculation won't end normally.If both switch to ifort, the job can be done without errors.Maybe tinker patch need an update?

Board footer