Molcas Forum

Support and discussions for Molcas and OpenMolcas users and developers

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Molcas forum.

Please note: The forum's URL has changed. The new URL is: https://molcasforum.univie.ac.at. Please update your bookmarks!

You can choose an avatar and change the default style by going to "Profile" → "Personality" or "Display".

#1 2023-09-27 12:29:04

vit1234

OpenMolcas_v23.06 compilation on CygWin64

Hi,
I tried to compile and install OpenMolcas v23.06 using CygWin64. I cloned the OpenMolcas repository using git and got the lapack submodule as described in readme and Wiki_Quick_Start. Configuring with cmake using default options (sequential version of OpenMolcas) was successfull however during the compilation with make I got the following error

[ 50%] Built target misc_util_obj
[ 50%] Building Fortran object CMakeFiles/mma_util/CMakeFiles/mma_util_obj.dir/allocate_iwork.f.o
[ 50%] Building Fortran object CMakeFiles/mma_util/CMakeFiles/mma_util_obj.dir/allocate_work.f.o
[ 50%] Building C object CMakeFiles/mma_util/CMakeFiles/mma_util_obj.dir/c_null_alloc.c.o
[ 50%] Building C object CMakeFiles/mma_util/CMakeFiles/mma_util_obj.dir/cgetmem.c.o
[ 50%] Building C object CMakeFiles/mma_util/CMakeFiles/mma_util_obj.dir/cgetshmem.c.o
/home/admin/OpenMolcas/src/mma_util/cgetshmem.c: In function ‘add_shmentry’:
/home/admin/OpenMolcas/src/mma_util/cgetshmem.c:141:75: error: ‘SHM_LOCKED’ undeclared (first use in this function)
  141 |   shmid = shmget(SHM_key, (size_t)tmp->len, 0644 | IPC_CREAT | IPC_EXCL | SHM_LOCKED);
      |                                                                           ^~~~~~~~~~
/home/admin/OpenMolcas/src/mma_util/cgetshmem.c:141:75: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/mma_util/CMakeFiles/mma_util_obj.dir/build.make:130: CMakeFiles/mma_util/CMakeFiles/mma_util_obj.dir/cgetshmem.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3410: CMakeFiles/mma_util/CMakeFiles/mma_util_obj.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:146: all] Error 2

How to fix  these errors?
I have GNU gcc compiler v.11.4.0-1, make v 4.4.1-2

#2 2023-09-27 13:13:18

Ignacio
Administrator

Re: OpenMolcas_v23.06 compilation on CygWin64

SHM_LOCKED seems to be a linux-specific flag (https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/shmctl.2.html). OpenMolcas is not tested on Windows (or any non-linux OS). You could try removing all references to SHM_LOCKED.

#3 2023-09-27 17:05:54

vit1234

Re: OpenMolcas_v23.06 compilation on CygWin64

Thank you so much! I removed SHM_LOCKED from cgetshmem.c file and I succesfully compiled OpenMolcas

Board footer