Molcas Forum

Support and discussions for Molcas and OpenMolcas users and developers

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Molcas forum.

Please note: The forum's URL has changed. The new URL is: https://molcasforum.univie.ac.at. Please update your bookmarks!

You can choose an avatar and change the default style by going to "Profile" → "Personality" or "Display".

#1 2016-01-06 04:48:53

haibei

Troubles during Luscus installation

Dear all,

I am trying to install Luscus in my linux computer (Debian 3.2.65-1+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux), while there was an error occurred.

gcc -o gridconv.exe gridconv.o iso_gridfile.o mystring.o
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `gridconv.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `iso_gridfile.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
/usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file `mystring.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [all] Error 1

Still I can open Luscus, but no files can be loaded. (i.e. ERROR: Can't open file: TbPz2.rasscf.lus). Thus this may be caused by wrong installation.

Here are the steps I used to install Luscus:
1. Download Luscus from Sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/luscus/) and uncompress it;
2. Download every system files that needed according to INSTALL.txt (libgtkglext1-dev);
3. Check "Makefile.inc" to make sure that there is a line: OS=LINUX;
4. make luscus.

I am a new gay to linux and there are not too many toturials about this error, so any help from you will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance!
Looking forward to your reply!
Haibei

#2 2016-01-06 14:40:03

bdem

Re: Troubles during Luscus installation

Hello,

it seems that the ``plugin`` directory in luscus contains object files that were compiled on i386 platform. `gridconv`, `iso_gridfile` and `mystring` are found in plugins/grid, you can go to this directory and type `make clean` to remove the object file, and compile them again using `make`.
Then, you can try to type `make` in the main luscus directory, and it should work.

Hope that helps !

#3 2016-01-06 23:36:44

haibei

Re: Troubles during Luscus installation

Hi bdem,

Thank you very much! It indeed works lol

Cheers!
Haibei

Board footer